Currently we use Angular JS but our front end team wants to use reactJS as strategic platform. Until Sitecore JSS came out; I had been telling them that Sitecore doesn't support it.
I read this https://jss.sitecore.net/#/sitecore-net-dev?id=for-sitecore-net-developers but still unsure, how Sitecore JSS SDK will impact on how Sitecore backend develops components.
Below is how we develop Sitecore and front end components.
- FED creates the mark up on their prototype solution with related Angular JS,SASS,CSS and HTML etc.
- BED creates MVC controller, actions, glass mapper API and razor views.
- Once FED completes, we have gulp task which copies the CSS/JS/Images etc from front end prototype to sitecore MVC solution.
- BED then copies the mark up from prototype solution to razor view and injects the C# objects etc. And makes experience editor compatible.
- BED also creates sitecore templates, layouts, Controller Renderings and items.
- Front end components
postsdata using Ajax.
I'm not a front end developer and have very limited knowledge on ReactJS. Reading at JSS documentation, sounds like we need to do LOTS more then above but not sure exactly what. I don't see any benefit of using JSS. Also looks like BED now needs to know ReactJS?
Appreciate if someone can clarify steps required for both Front End and Backend perspective.
FED = Front-end Developer BED = Back-end Developer