We send a mail when a customer fill up a simple form. We want to trigger an event if that customer don't open that mail in 7 days. How to achieve this goal in sitecore 9 using marketing automation?
These steps should help you achieve your intentions:
- Add custom submit action to your form which will save contact data (at least email) follow this doc article.
- Create goal and trigger it as another submit action on your form
- Create another goal which you assign when somebody opens page from your link from email (probably you will have link in email)
- Add goal from step 2 as initial event to your Marketing Automation and set rule when this goal is triggered start this marketing automation
- Add another step in Marketing Automation which will listen 7 days to goal from step 3
- If goal is triggered, assign your event as next step; If it's triggered you can assigned different functionality; There will be a yes/no branch in triggered goal condition