Try upgrading your Sitecore Install Framework to version 1.2+ and SIF Fundamentals to 1.1+. I had this same issue when I was running 1.0 of both SIF and Fundamentals. My Solr instance was definitely present because I could navigate to it, but what I found was happening, is that SIF is restarting the service that runs Solr, but I guess it doesn't restart fast enough. I noticed the newer versions of SIF and SIF Fundamentals, retries the instance a few more times before it fails, which typically on the 2nd or 3rd try it works correctly.
If you are not sure how to upgrade SIF and SIF Fundamentals, try the following:
- Open Powershell as an Administrator.
- Register a connection to MyGet feed
Register-PSRepository -Name SitecoreGallery -SourceLocation https://sitecore.myget.org/f/sc-powershell/api/v2
- Then type the following commands to install the latest version of
That should be it. Now try to re-run Sitecore Install Framework. You can optionally also do
You can check the version of your module by importing the module by running
Import-Module SitecoreInstallFramework and then running