I am running Sitecore 9 and am experiencing moments when the Sitecore log is no longer updated (i.e. written to).

I have a default log4net configuration. Only addition I have is a rolling log file appender:

<appender name="StaticFileAppenderTxt" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender, Sitecore.Logging">
    <file value="$(dataFolder)/logs/_Log.txt" />
    <appendToFile value="true" />
    <rollingStyle value="Size" />
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="10" />
    <maximumFileSize value="1000KB" />
    <staticLogFileName value="true" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
        <conversionPattern value="%4t %d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p %m%n" />
    </layout>
    <encoding value="utf-8" />
</appender>

But this seems unrelated to the problem as the "normal" log file is also not updated.

Only solution I found so far is performing an IISReset. This is clearly unconvenient.

Any thoughts?

  • 1
    Did you have a look at this: stackoverflow.com/questions/14963735/… – TamerM Nov 8 at 11:36
  • Is there any information in the windows event viewer? – Mikeyp Nov 8 at 14:29
  • No, nothing related in the windows event viewer. Trying the ImmediateFlush parameter. – Joost Nov 8 at 21:08
  • Im having same issue in Sitecore 8.1 update 2 solution. basically rollingappender is not working for me. – nari447 Nov 9 at 7:46
  • @Joost.. I just found out that in my case log files are being created at root of my c drive (c:\data\logs\..).. Please check if this is the case with you. – nari447 Nov 9 at 9:23

Your Answer

 

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.