Sitecore 9.0 update 2
Solr 6.6.2 and 6.6.3 (same result on both, both supported: https://kb.sitecore.net/articles/227897)
I'm facing an issue when I "Populate Managed Schema" from control panel. My
managed-schema gets updated 99.9% correctly. The 0.1% that is incorrect is that the
uniqueKey element value generates as
managed-schema generates as:
The rest of the file generates properly. While I can manually change the
uniqueKey element value, I would prefer to get to the bottom of my issue (as I'm attempting to automate things, with this being a key step).
When I run "Populate Managed Schema", the modal indicates
[Success]. However, when I rebuild a particular index I am greeted with this error:
Job started: Index_Update_IndexName=sitecore_master_index|#Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> SolrNet.Exceptions.SolrConnectionException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <response> <lst name="responseHeader"><int name="status">400</int><int name="QTime">2</int></lst><lst name="error"><lst name="metadata"><str name="error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str><str name="root-error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str></lst><str name="msg">Document is missing mandatory uniqueKey field: id</str><int name="code">400</int></lst> </response>
Prior to this exception being thrown, the index rebuild progress modal progresses as expected, e.g. "Added 1,000 items to index".
As stated above, I've tested this on Solr 6.6.2 and 6.6.3 with the same result each time. It appears the issue is on the Sitecore side of things. No issues were reported during the installation of Sitecore and the rest of the pieces (Content Editor, Exp Editor, etc.) work properly.
Comparison of my automated web root with a working 9.0.2 copy shows no discernable differences.