I have got two sample websites, both just have created tenant and site with SXA 1.8. When I am creating a page and open it in EE, I am getting two different visual editing structures.
I am wondering in a reason for such a misconsistency, trying to identify the difference, however, nothing found.
- These both pages have Page template inheriting the same exact set of base templates (all from SXA)
- These both pages have Page template inheriting the same exact set of base templates (all coming from SXA)
- I also checked Standard Values item for that template and both look identical.
- Actual Page items I am opening in EE, that has derived from Page templates also are similar - no fields differenced at least.
- Final Layouts are the same, no controls, both using MVC Layout view coming with SXA out of the box.
- Still compared both layout files (
/Views/SxaLayout/SxaLayout.cshtml) to confirm they match byte-to-byte, both have the structure described in the official SXA documentation (https://doc.sitecore.com/developers/sxa/17/sitecore-experience-accelerator/en/the-html-structure-of-pages-and-renderings.html). Yes, they both have
body-topplaceholder within layout (and also
body-bottomwhich I am not seeing in both cases for some reason), as described in the doc.
Opening DevTool is browser gave me the difference, explaining why one is shown but not another:
<code type="text/sitecore" id="scEnclosingTag_" chrometype="placeholder" kind="close" hintname="body-top" class="scpm"> </code>
<code type="text/sitecore" chrometype="placeholder" kind="open" id="body_top" key="body-top" class="scpm" data-selectable="true"> ... large json data inside... </code>
Therefore the question is: why is the behaviour different and how to make it consistent (to either of layouts or the "right" one)? How do I control this behaviour?