As part of the Sitecore9.1 upgrade, we have done following steps:
- Started with fresh installation of Sitecore XP0 instance , published our site and made analytics screen error free.
- Followed steps mentioned in the Upgrade guide downloaded from sitecore site.
- Installed Sitecore Identity Server as mentioned in the guide and for that we have to update SiteCoreInstallFramework to version 2.
- Installed Solr version 7.2.1 and replaced the connection string to new Solr url as per the upgrade guide instruction.
- Followed and completed all the steps from the document till the completion of Upgrade Xconnect step.
When tried to start the XConnectIndexWorker service after the error we the following error:
To confirm this error is not due to our application dlls, did fresh installation of Sitecore 9 XP1 instance(since we are using XP1 in our servers) without publishing our site.
- Followed all the steps as per previous installation and also end at the same error.
- We also tried to install the XConnectIndexWorker as a windows service alone and the result was same.
- We have compared the dlls and all the dlls are upgraded. It works perfectly with old dlls.