I have a page with "body" placeholder in which I have kept 10 controller renderings on a page.
When I'm trying to order the component using Page editor or Content editor, the sort order randomly readjusts by itself.
Does anyone know of a fix for this?
This is Sitecore 7.5 update 2
-- UPDATE 1--
The issue is observed with the Page Editor and Content Editor both.
I got an update from Sitecore support as below:
Note: Though Sitecore Support says its fixed with Sitecore 7.2 update-6 its not working for me in 7.5 update-2.
As for the changing the controls order in the Page Editor: The issue is indeed server-side and is related to how XML deltas are built and processed. I've registered the issue as a bug in the current Sitecore version. I've spent quite some time investigating the root cause of the issue and looking for ways to implement the most practical workaround. Unfortunately, the proper patch would be extremely nontrivial to implement and would require the customization of some deep Sitecore logic, which may affect some other parts of Sitecore in unpredictable ways. The only workaround I can provide you with at the moment is the one, that makes an item use full XML representation of page layout instead of a delta one.
As for the changing the controls order in the Content Editor-->Layout Details dialog:
This issue was fixed in 7.2 rev.160123 (7.2 Update-6). Please get more info on the Release Notes page using the reference #388264 https://sdn.sitecore.net/SDN5/Products/Sitecore%20V5/Sitecore%20CMS%207/ReleaseNotes/ChangeLog/Release%20History%20SC72.aspx
- Sitecore Support
-- UPDATE 2--
From Sitecore Support
Please let me explain the reasons that this issue persists in Sitecore CMS 7.5 U-2 and at the same time was fixed in Sitecore CMS 7.2 U-6.
The reason of that lays in the fact that actually Sitecore CMS 7.2 U-6 (January 26, 2016) has been released after Sitecore CMS 7.5 U-2 (February 13, 2015).
I understand that this can look a bit confusing at a first glance, sorry for that.
- Sitecore Support
Sitecore has provided Hotfix which works as expected. Sitecore Support's reference number for Hotfix is 126989