1

I am upgrading Sitecore xConnect from version 9.0.1 to 9.1.1 and after following steps from the Sitecore-911-Upgrade-Guide, I copy & pasted the provided files and folders to the xConnect folder. But now I cannot start Sitecore Marketing Automation Engine service anymore.

I am getting this error in the logs:

"The certificate was not found. Store: My, Location: LocalMachine, FindType: FindByThumbprint, FindValue..."

I checked all connection strings to check thumbprint and they look fine. Any suggestion? It is weird that it doesn't work after copying files, especially since I didn't change any App_Config folders.

closed as off-topic by Mark Cassidy Jun 27 at 10:10

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question is in regards to the mishandling of DLL's or references, generally related to an in-progress upgrade or similar scenario. These types of questions generally involve lengthy troubleshooting in order to identify the root cause. Visit Sitecore Slack to find assistance." – Mark Cassidy
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Make sure the certificate permissions allows the service to access it. – Mark Gibbons Jun 26 at 11:08
  • I use the same App_Config folder as for version before copy & pasting files and it worked then. – Dionis Takac Jun 27 at 8:29
  • Check the certificate with the thumbprint exists. If it does check that the issuer cert is in the root store and all are certs have not expired. Expiration date is based on license file. Have a look at my answer on this ticket sitecore.stackexchange.com/a/20155/2402 – Richard Forrest Jul 29 at 13:52