I have a really strange problem. I have a Sitecore 8.2 site that has preview and web publishing targets. I expect that when a user Submits an item through Workflow, when it is in Awaiting Approval Status, it is published to preview only. However, it is publishing to both preview and web! If I publish items manually and select the publishing target, publishing works as expected.
Here is what I have done so far to no avail:
Checked the box for "Preview publishing target" on the Preview Publish Target item (as described in the Sitecore Documentation)
Checked the box for the preview publishing target on the Awaiting Approval Workflow State (as described in the Sitecore Documentation)
Contacted Sitecore Support, they instructed me to do the following (which is not stated in the Sitecore Documentation). Doing this caused the issue where publishing to preview would also publish items in Awaiting Approval status to web.
- Navigate to "/sitecore/system/Workflows/JHM Health Standard Workflow/Awaiting Approval" item
- Right click "Insert" -> "insert from template"
- Select "templates/System/Workflow/Action" template and provide appropriate name for item (Auto Publish to Preview)
- In the "Type String" field, set the value to : "Sitecore.Workflows.Simple.PublishAction, Sitecore.Kernel"
- In the "Parameters" field, set the value to : "deep=1&smart=1"
Any ideas on what I am missing here? Your help is much appreciated!