I have a photo item with a file field that I can upload to a specific folder in my media library just fine on our development server, but when I try to do this on our staging server, It allows me to click upload, and seems to show progress of the upload but then gives me the error "not found" in the CMS. I don't see any error in the log files and when I look in the Access Viewer the user in question has create and read access to the folder. I initially thought I was able to do this as a super admin user, but I just now confirmed that this error is showing up for admin users as well.
Here's a sample set of roles we have issued in the past without any user complaints:
sitecore\Sitecore Client Maintaining
sitecore\Sitecore Client Users
sitecore\Sitecore Client Designing
sitecore\Sitecore Client Authoring
Please check the Sitecore Roles guide to ensure that these roles meet your security requirements before making the change.
I apologize, apparently I was doing something out of order that was causing the issue. Apparently you have to:
- Click Browse on the File field of the template
- Click the Upload Media Button
- Hit Change Destination and pick the folder and navigating to the folder that you want to put it in.
- Click Browse Media files and pick your file to upload.
However, I was doing this:
- Click Browse on the File FIeld of the Template.
- Click the tree view icon
- Navigating and highlighting the folder (but not clicking the Select button)
- Clicking the Upload media button.
- Clicking Browse for media Files
- Picking the file to upload.