I am stuck with issue for indexing a SXA Multisite configuration for 600 sites. The case study is as below.
Issue: Indexing get failed at certain point of time from CM itself for Solr Master(after 2 million counters done)
Details of the System:
Sitecore Version: 8.2 Update 6
SXA Version: 1.6
Solr Version: 6.4.0 With Master Slave Configuration.
Infrastructure: Entire System is in premise with high Specification VMs
Issue in Details:
We have System which has Sitecore SXA implementation with above details. This implementation has Multi site structure with 600 website right now in the System. When we are performing indexing (reindexing) It starts appropriately but at certain point of time after processing almost 2 millions counters it fails. I drilled down the logs but never got any exception for this it says timeout only, we also increase time out session to max but still the same.
After checking few things I found that if we increase the memory of Solr JVM then It will work that's why we increased memory to 5GB, still we are getting same issue.
Then after drilling down I found that we have only sitecore_master_index for CM and sitecore_web_index for CD in this SXA implementation. After drilling down few SXA indexing documentation I got below document for implementing different index(SOlr indexing core) for each SXA Multi Site/Language. But this Solution works with SXA 1.7.1 onward.
But As I mentioned in the details we have SXA 1.6 Version.
So need a help how I can tackle this issue anybody cam suggest what is the best way of doing the indexing of huge application. Is the separate indexing core per site help or not if yes how I can implement in this scenario. Any other Solution which I can apply here. Or should I upgrade SXA version and then follow the document mentioned above.