We are planning to upgrade from Sitecore 8.2 update 3 XM to 9.3 XP.
1. The existing 8.2 instance is in Azure & has custom tables in the
2. A new instance of 9.3 XP is installed in Azure.
3. Will not be using the xDB module in the new instance.
After extracting this package from the 93 download page,
there is a big list of scripts:
But the official upgrade guide suggests only 2 scripts:
3.2.3 Upgrade the databases
The database upgrade scripts contain changes that must be applied to Sitecore databases across Sitecore XP to ensure compatibility. They also modify certain tables and collections to support new functionality and improve performance. The changes must be applied once per database. To upgrade the databases:
- Extract the database upgrade scripts from the Database Upgrade Script.zip file that you downloaded earlier.
- Run the CMS_core_master_web8x.sql script for the Core, Master, and Web databases.
- Run the CMS_core.sql script for the Core database only.
The idea is to use the existing core, master databases, in the new environment and for that, we like to take this approach:
1. Backup up the existing core & master databases.
2. Run steps 2 & 3.
3. Use these upgraded databases for the 9.3 instance.
4. Publish items from CMS to the web database.
I would like to know if anyone has worked on a similar migration & if there is a better/faster way to move the data.