When using the client's Sitecore license, if the client reaches the maximum number of Concurrent Users they are directed to a page where they can either exit, add users or kick off a user:
The "Add users" option (formerly "Boost users"), grants the ability to temporarily add more concurrent users. When a user selects this option, the user is redirected to the following page where they can enter the number of concurrent users to temporarily add to the license:
Looking at Sitecore's documentation, I don't see anything that explains what the actual effects of "boosting" concurrent users are. Specifically, I am looking for the following:
- What is the maximum number of users that you can boost the site by?
- How long does the boost remain in effect, i.e. what is the duration of time that "temporarily" describes?
- How often can this feature be used?
- Is there any additional charge to the client for using this feature?
- Are their any negative side-effects to be aware of when using this feature?
Side-note: I apologize for not simply testing this feature myself, but I am hesitent to play around with a client's Sitecore license. Rather than ask support, I thought this would be good information to make available to the community. Cheers :)