How to connect Sitecore Rock to sitecore instance on docker ? does any one have experience ?
I haven't personally used it yet, but I was able to connect successfully Sitecore Rocks with a Sitecore instance running on a
cm service container following these steps:
1) If not done yet, add a volume to your
cm container service to map the container
C:\src folder used by the
Watch-Directory script to deploy files in the Sitecore instance. For example:
volumes: - .\deploy:C:\src
2) Manually create the following two folders in your host
sitecore. Sitecore Rocks validates their existance before installing the web service and the tool dlls used to communicate with the Sitecore instance.
3) In Visual Studio, create a new connection for Sitecore Rocks (the command is under
Extensions --> Sitecore --> New Connection... in VS 2019), populating the following inputs:
- Host Name: the domain and port of your docker instance (ie.
- Location: the path to the
4) Click on the
Test button. You might get a message saying that the website doesn't respond, asking if you want to start it without debugging. Select No.
5) A second message will ask you to update the server components. Select Yes.
6) A list of server components to update will be rendered, with a message alerting that the instance will be recycled due to the installation of new libraries. Select OK.
7) After the installation, you should get the confirmation message saying that the connection works:
The Sitecore Explorer will show the items in your Sitecore docker instance: