I'm currently working on the following set up:
- Sitecore 9.3
- Authentication in Azure AD B2C is done on the frontend site via JS using MSAL.js library following this example (authentication via pop-up)
- When the user is authenticated in JS app I have ID, Refresh and Access tokens in local browser storage and they can be accessed via JS
Now, when the user is "authenticated" on the frontend, is there any way to authenticate them in Sitecore?
I was thinking of sending some ajax request with ID token to Sitecore to trigger owin authentication. In this case, how Federated Authentication should be configured?
P.S. a bit more background on the task I'm working on:
- the user should be authenticated on both JS frontend (to call SSO secured Web API) and in Sitecore (to capture analytics against this user)
- authentication in Azure B2C should happen without redirect; popup solution with MSAL.js library seems to be fine
- I've tried Federated Authentication via Azure AD B2C setup following these steps but unfortunately login redirect is what I need to avoid for UX purposes
Any help on this topic is much appreciated.