I am preparing for the Sitecore Solution Developer Certification 9 Exam and I am not sure about the answer for the below question. Please help me to know the answer.
If someone can share a brief explanation of the answer then it would be great.
A Content Author cannot add components to a page location you've identified as the main placeholder. What is the possible solution for this issue?
1) You enable placeholders in sitecore.config.
2) You create a Placeholder Settings item.
3) You dynamically bind the Placeholder to the Layout.
4) You add a placeholder to Allowed Placeholders folder.
I find out some of the questions on the exam to be 'tricky' in some way. However, I would mark answer 2.
2) You create a Placeholder Settings item. - In order to add rendering to page there have to be placeholder available and placeholder item needs to have rendering in 'allowed controls' (edit: otherwise all renderings are allowed).
Above question was from the study guide provided by sitecore learning, so I put a support ticket. After that sitecore revised the options for the question. Now they have the fourth option as
"You add the component to the allowed controls list of the placeholder settings", which is the correct answer for the question.