I am upgrading Sitecore 8.2 to Sitecore 9.3 and I have followed the database upgrade approach in my developer machine using dev databases. Now We have multiple environments (Test, QE, UAT, Prod) and each environment has own data. I want to upgrade all the environment databases.
I have followed the below steps in my local environment to upgrade the databases:
- Extracted the database upgrade scripts from the
Database Upgrade Script.zipfile
- Executed the script individually on top of Sitecore 8.2 core database, master database and web database
- Executed the script on top of Sitecore 8.2 core database
- After doing a database upgrade, Installed the 9.3 Upgrade package on top of the Sitecore 8.2 instance to upgrade databases
- Installed a clean 9.3 environment, replaced the core/master databases there with the upgraded ones.
I would like to understand how to upgrade the databases in higher environment. Do I need to follow all the above steps in each environment?.
Anyone help on this. I would like to know a better approach.