Validation errors are not appearing in the experience editor for our shared QA environment. I have a content item that is identical in both environments (I packaged it up to make sure). On my local developer environment, I see the following:
However, on the shared QA environment, I see this:
I pointed my local connection strings to the shared QA environment to see if everything still worked. The validation errors no longer displayed on my local environment.
To me, this indicates the following:
- It is not likely a config issue
- It is not likely an environment-specific issue
- It is likely a database/content issue
I did the following:
- Compared the validation rules on the fields across, and they're both the same.
- Compared workflows and the user's security rights/roles.
- Confirmed the validation in the content editor works fine on both environments.
I want the validation errors to display on all environments.
Sitecore 8.1 rev. 151207
Update: It turns out 1 user (mine) can see validation, but nobody else can. I tested between two admin accounts. All security permissions are the same between them. I serialized both users and saw this:
I suspect the blue box is why I can see validation but they cannot.