I am totally new to Sitecore and would like to get study material for the certification.
Could someone assist me with this?
You can go with the Sitecore eLearning website for
Sitecore 10 Certification material and details. There you will find the
Sitecore 10 .NET Developer Certification Exam.
Prerequisites This exam is intended for developers. We recommend you meet the following prerequisites before taking the Sitecore 10 .NET Developers Certification Exam:
- At least one year of prior experience developing on the Sitecore XP solution.
- Complete Learning@Sitecore’s Developer’s Fundamentals 9.3 Collection.
- Complete Learning@Sitecore’s Developer’s Fundamentals 10 Collection.
- Complete Learning@Sitecore’s Sitecore Experience Solution Developer 9.1 Instructor-Led Training
To pass the
Sitecore 10 .NET Developer Certification Exam, you will also need to be proficient in the exam competencies. We recommend you prepare by participating in Learning@Sitecore training opportunities, enrolling in, and completing our free study guide, reviewing Sitecore’s developer documentation, and speaking with others within the Sitecore development community at large.
To be certified in
Sitecore 10 .NET Developer you are expected to have fundamental knowledge, skills, and abilities in seven distinct areas, known as competencies:
- Competency 1: Sitecore structure & platform (12%)
- Competency 2: Security & user management (16%)
- Competency 3: Item management (20%)
- Competency 4: Layout & placeholders (10%)
- Competency 5: Components, controls, & renderings (26%)
- Competency 6: Sitecore Content Serialization (10%)
- Competency 7: Containers (6%)
You can also refer below links and youtube video for more insight:
- Sitecore 10 Certification Tips and Tricks
- Sitecore 10 .NET Developer Certification
- Sitecore 10 Certification Crash Course
I would personally suggest that you complete the course Developer's Fundamentals 10 Collection from the Sitecore e-learning Portal. It will make you a better understanding of competencies points 5, 6, and 7 mentioned above.