I am getting the Sitecore templates item in TDS master project using Get Sitecore Items option. It is working as expected. But when I close and reopen the visual studio, the templates items are not shown in TDS master project. can anyone help me to resolve this issue?
It sounds like the
TDS project is not saving changes or is not being reloaded properly when Visual Studio is reopened. Here are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:
- Ensure that the TDS project is saved before closing Visual Studio.
You can do this by selecting
"Save All"from the "
File" menu, or by right-clicking the TDS project in the Solution Explorer and selecting
"Save Selected Items".
- Check the TDS project settings to make sure that it is configured to
generate code on build. You can do this by right-clicking the TDS
project in the Solution Explorer, selecting "Properties", and then
selecting the "TDS Options" tab. Make sure that the
"Code Generation"section is set to "Auto" or "On Build".
- Check that the TDS project is included in the solution's build configuration. You can do this by right-clicking the solution in the Solution Explorer, selecting "Properties", and then select the "Configuration Properties" tab. Make sure that the TDS project is checked in the "Build" column for the current build configuration.
- Try manually reloading the TDS project after reopening Visual Studio. You can do this by right-clicking the TDS project in the Solution Explorer and select "Reload Project".
- If none of the above steps work, try deleting the TDS project from the solution and recreating it. Be sure to back up your project before doing this.
I have seen this before. Most likely your file paths are too long. For items with long names, you should always use file system aliases. If your TDS project itself is in a physical folder multiple levels deep, try moving the folder close to the drive's root folder, for e.g. C:\Repos. Here is a TDS blog about the file length errors and how to use file system aliases.