I'm trying to setup a uCommerce for Sitecore for the first time. But I'm getting a NullReferenceException - so I suspect I've done something wrong, or am missing an installation step.
What I did was: I've installed a fresh Sitecore 8.1 installation, then installed uCommerce (22.214.171.1244) developer license as a package via Sitecore Instance Manager. (I've also tried installing the package myself)
Navigating into the administration interface --> Commerce Settings (uCommerce).
I expand the Stores node, uCommerce.dk node, and go to the uCommerce node in the default installation content
Now, if I try to fill out the display name in the English tab, and save my ProductCatalog I get:
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] UCommerce.EntitiesV2.Factories.ProductCatalogFactory.AddDefaults(ProductCatalog productCatalog, ProductCatalogGroup productCatalogGroup) +131 UCommerce.Presentation.Presenters.Catalog.EditProductCatalogPresenter.View_Save(Object sender, EntityCommandEventArgs`1 e) +703 UCommerce.Web.UI.Catalog.EditProductCatalog.OnSave(Object sender, EventArgs e) +124 System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +143 System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +185 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1734
I've tried to publish the site and rebuild indexes, but it didn't fix the issue.
I've also tried to create my own ProductCatalog and my own Store in various combinations; and that goes well. But if I try to update the name of my ProductCatalog, I get the same exception.
EDIT: For some reason it looks like the admin page does not get the QueryString value it requires, but it doesn't fail on the demo site, so it looks like possible the demo build does not match the developer license version.