We are currently engaged in an XP Upgrade Project, migrating from version 9.0.2 to 10.3. As part of this project, we are using the ADM Tool 4.0.2 to clean up unused data from analytics. However, we have encountered a behavior that has raised some questions.
When attempting to remove historical data for a shorter time span using the ADM Tool, it appears to be selecting millions of records for removal. However, upon running a query directly in the database, we discovered that there are only hundreds of records with all interaction data for the same time span.
Our initial investigation has led us to believe that the tool may be placing the data in a queue that is not being cleared properly, which could explain this behavior.
We have made multiple attempts to cancel the task and run it again, but each time, the ADM Tool continues to identify and attempt to remove millions of records.