I installed Data Exchange Framework, Sitecore Provider for Data Exchange Framework, and Dynamics CRM Provider for Data Exchange Framework (all 1.2.0 rev 161212) in my Sitecore instance. I have tested the connection and confirmed that a connection with Dynamics CRM is established.
This is strange because I had this working once in a different instance with same versions installed (I was able to sync Accounts aside from the default Contacts etc). But when I created another and another one, both buttons are disabled. I've followed the walkthrough but this is really bothering me for almost two days now. Thanks a lot for your help!