I've setup the Active Directory module (1.3) and the final step that I can't quite figure out is how to get the
ldaplogin.aspx page to work without prompting for credentials.
- Windows Authentication configured for
ldaplogin.aspx. Anonymous disabled.
- Application running using a service account
- User accounts are properly coming from Active Directory and I can login to
/sitecore/loginwith the same account receiving the prompt.
Am I missing the Service Principal Name (SPN)? How is that properly done in this scenario?
With newer versions of Sitecore (8.2+), the
authentication section in the Web.config sets the mode to Forms. Double check that when trying to set the authentication settings through IIS. You may see that Forms can't be disabled. Simply set the mode to None and then you can change it. The single sign-on works through IE, just not Chrome.
Regarding the SPN, we set it on the service account but does not appear to make a difference in this case.
Discovered in Chrome that a policy needs to be applied for the Auto Logon feature to work. Check out
chrome://policy to see which ones are currently applied.
In my example, by editing the
AuthNegotiateDelegateWhitelist from within the registry and restarting the browser authentication appeared to work. I updated
AuthServerWhitelist for extra measure.