How to sort/filter search result in Sitecore SXA by
__created date or
__updated date to retrieve recent search items
Create facet item
- Navigate to your site facets node
- Add new item using following template
- Fill field name with the name of the field stored in index. (In my case it will be
movie_releasedas I am showing you configuration from my example site)
Add rendering to a page
- Open page where you want to display results
- Add Search Results rendering (will be used to display sorted results)
- Add Sort Results rendering. When adding create new data source item for it (template:
- Next create your filter configuration items under datasource created above. You can do it in CE.
- Title - used for displaying purposes
- Facet - select your date facet that you create in step 1.
- Direction - there are two directions: ascending and descending. Normally you create two option items for a single facet, on for asc. and another for desc. order.
If you are new to SXA you can learn how to use different renderings from XA.Reference. I created a reference site which shows how to configure every rendering in SXA. It is standard Sitecore package with example site inside.
Latest release supports SXA 1.2
To be able to sort by date you have to create a facet for your date field. Then you can use that facet as a default sort order in the Sort Results rendering. You can also use Sort Results rendering.