I'm working with Sitecore 8.1. I have
<indexAllFields>true</indexAllFields> in the
<documentOptions> node of the
DefaultIndexConfiguration.config file. When I open the index up in Luke and navigate to a document that I expect certain fields for, those fields are not present. It seems that only some base Sitecore fields are being stored, none of the template-specific ones.
I tried adding
<indexAllFields>true</indexAllFields> to the root of
<defaultLuceneIndexConfiguration> as well, as I know that's the location it was in for previous versions of Sitecore. That didn't help either.
I'm specifically looking in
sitecore_master_index right now.