I have a site running Sitecore 8.0 (Win Forms) with some problems publishing. What steps should be taken to troubleshoot this?
The site has problems both on a local development environment and in the Live scaled environment.
- Content does not show up unless IIS is recycled.
- Content disappears that used to show. Primarily (maybe only?) images are affected.
- Some content shows up after several days.
- Some content does not show up at all no matter what steps are taken.
Steps already taken:
- Checking that all related content is published such as templates, sublayouts, placeholder settings. Verifying that these exist in the web database.
- Republishing using Republish everything.
- Clearing Sitecore caches
In the case of content that shows up after resetting IIS, I suspect that there is some ASP.Net caching going on that I have not yet been able to find. How could that be confirmed or how could Sitecore be ruled out? What else should be suspected?