I have a 'local' style deployed Sitecore 9 development environment on a VM. I have to make a callout to invoke it from an external machine to test some functionality, however, I don't completely understand how to hit it from another machine.
What I understand is:
- On the local machine, hitting http://xp0.sc/sitecore loads the Sitecore Admin interface.
- On the local machine, Hitting http://xp0.sc/ loads the Sitecore live site.
- On the local machine, in the hosts file, Sitecore has crated xp0.sc to resolve to 127.0.0.1.
My questions are:
- However, hitting localhost/sitecore is not the same as hitting xp0.sc (why?)
- Say the machine name is myMachine. What URL should I be using to hit the Sitecore deployment from another machine?