I have seen documentation mentioning
Sitecore.ContentSearch.SolrNetExtension for Sitecore 9 indicating that its able to group results by a field (ie:
_group field). What I am unable to find is a nice and easy way to do this in Sitecore 8. What I had hoped to achieve was to simply append
to the query as a
FilterQuery. What I have tried thus far has been creating a custom
GroupByField(keySelector) to inject a custom
SolrQuery into the
SolrQueryMapperState.FilterQuery with no luck. I have also tried to use the
.Filter(x => x["group"] == "true" && x["group.field"] == BuildInFields.Group && x["group.main"] == "true")
But that yielded a
no field group found which does make sense since it's not a field in the index itself.
TL;DR: Ultimately what I need is, when a User searches a keyword, the search is conducted across all languages and items, but only the items related to the results in the current languages are returned (if I put in a word that is found on the
en-gb version of the item, I want the . I assumed this was what the
group functionality in Solr was built for. At this point I am considering doing a self join, joining the non-grouped results and matching on the
group of a language specific but am not sure that's going to be the solution either.