11

I propose hiding users through the use of filtering in the membership provider. Consider using the customFilter attribute used by the Active Directory membership and role providers. Examples shown below. Active Directory supports the following filter for excluding disabled users: (!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) You can find more details ...


7

You have couple choices here: 1) You can use the SSO mechanism and then override the sitecore login pipeline to let the users login from your custom login screen. This will ensure only users who are validated via your sitecore login or custom sitecore login screen due to override in pipeline. 2) Sitecore AD connector does allow you to have multiple domains....


4

Basically, Sitecore uses standard .NET Membership provider. I would suggest to check what a membership provider is configured in your solution.To do that go to: web.config -> /configuration/system.web/membership/providers You may have a custom override membership provider where you can have a wrong implementation of some required methods. Just try to ...


4

This behavior is seen if the custom host header that you use does not match the local computer name. We had the same issue where despite providing the right credentials in the window prompt, we were gettung HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized. (you may get HTTP Error 401.1 too!) For enabling SSO, the Sitecore Support pointed me to an article at https://sdn....


2

You can solve this issue, just not with the OOTB AD connector. I have built custom AD role/membership/profile providers recently that will address your specific scenario. The way we did it was to create a REST API that connected to the ADs using custom code and staged the roles/profile data in MongoDB for all the accounts we were interested in. This ...


2

Turns out if you RTFM you can avoid this issue. I found a clue in this post where the author mentions the ports required. Further reading, the installation document provided on the Sitecore portal indicates the required ports. 2.1.1 Prerequisites Active Directory requires that port 389 is open by default: 389 — for client communications 445 — for ...


2

I got the same issue, with Sitecore 9 as a PAAS on Azure. There seems to be some conflict between webforms authentication/authorization in Sitecore and what Azure uses. I did'nt find a direct solution, but as a work around i used an HTTP auth module to intercept and challenge using "Basic" or "Digest" authentication/authorization. Link Here Now this comes ...


2

There are multiple ways of approaching Single Sign On, entirely dependent on how you plan on managing it. Given you have AD, using the AD module and consulting the documentation there for setting up the SSO for the authoring interface is probably the easiest way. As @Diego mentioned, you should consult the doc here: https://dev.sitecore.net/Downloads/...


1

Sitecore 9.1 uses an Identity server to handle logins instead of the old methods. "With federated authentication now in widespread use across the industry, Sitecore finally provides user authentication and authorization through a centralized federation service. Built and run as a separate application, Identity replaces the traditional Sitecore login ...


1

If you are using version 8.0 you may want to double check the version of the AD module. I believe that version 1.2 supports up to 8.1. Version 1.3 is for version 8.2 https://dev.sitecore.net/Downloads/Active_Directory.aspx


1

Sitecore's AD Module provides functionality to allow users to perform Single Sign-on to the Sitecore client using their Active Directory accounts. As the users land at URL /sitecore/admin/ldaplogin.aspx it will authenticate them. You can read more about how to configure LDAP login as the default login at http://www.nehemiahj.com/2013/01/how-to-enable-single-...


1

I've been using the AD module for some time now and here are some items for consideration. The LDAPLogin.aspx page could be substituted for the /sitecore/login/default.aspx in the event you want all users to use AD. I recommend you make the entire site HTTPS for Content Authors, that way there is no special setup for the login page. There is a post here ...


1

So I found that this was connected to a new config file that came with my upgrade to this version. /App_Config/Include/Sitecore.DefaultLanguage.config. I thought this was related to the AD since it worked in the past. I already had changes done to the sitecore.config for ContentLanguage Language ClientLanguage This was overwritten by the Sitecore....


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible