Hot answers tagged

9

Adding to @Gatogordo's answer, you may have a site configuration which includes the HtmlCacheClearer instead, such as: <events> <event name="publish:end"> <handler type="Sitecore.Publishing.HtmlCacheClearer, Sitecore.Kernel" method="ClearCache"> <sites hint="list"> <site hint="basic-company">basic-company<...


5

Sitecore changed the way it handles HTML cache clearance in 9.3 so you don't need that <sites> list anymore in the handler. See https://doc.sitecore.com/developers/93/sitecore-experience-manager/en/configure-html-caching.html for the information. If you do not want the cache for a site to be cleared when you publish you can add the ...


5

Looks like it might be a problem with Unicorn. In 9.3 Sitecore removed the Context property from the pipeline args, but your older version of Unicorn is trying to access it. They have fixed this though, so I'd remove the Unicorn config files and dlls and verify the site works ok, and if it does then apply the most recent version of Unicorn.


3

By default Sitecore 9 generate dynamic placeholder key in this format {placeholder key}-{rendering unique suffix}-{unique suffix within rendering} richtext-{3F6606D1-BA9C-40DD-8D17-704D0396683D}-10 placeholder key The static placeholder key is passed in. rendering unique suffix The Unique Rendering ID of the component that contains the placeholder. This ...


3

You don't want to call : this(baseSiteManager, baseItemManager) as that would mean you have recursive call to your UserRequestProcessor contructor again and that would mean infinite loop. What you want to do is to call : base(baseSiteManager, baseItemManager) which means "call the base class constructor with parameters (baseSiteManager, baseItemManager)....


3

In the Sitecore Experience Platform 9.2 release, the Sitecore.StringUtil.GetSizeString(long) method was marked as [Obsolete]. It was removed in version 9.3. When building against 9.2, the Obsolete error message displayed reads: Please use 'MainUtil.FormatSize(size, translate: false)' API instead. This utility method is also found in the same namespace ...


2

I've done the same on two different projects. From my experience it should be fairly straight forward to update your webforms and normal usage of the Sitecore API. There might be minor changes, but it shouldn't take too long. All of your hookins into pipelines etc. might still compile. But you will want to check if it's still needed. It may be a fixed bug, ...


2

Following some testing on my local instance, I have been able to reproduce the issue. As you mentioned in the comment, it seems that the only values that are changed are the Name1 and Value1 etc... The only way I have been able to fix it is to make the attributes Name and Value to be lowercase. Please see result below custom1.config <configuration ...


2

I know about 3 reasons that could be the issue: Check if you have maybe double .config files for Glass Mapper. If you had already some configs in your project and then you installed Glass from nuget, it will add its config again and you may see exceptions like that. You have old versions of Glass mapper dll files in your bin folder. Check all of them if ...


1

When you upgrade Sitecore to a newer version, many Sitecore items are changed. This may cause an issue with EventQueue table filled with thousands of entries. If that's the case, Sitecore cannot handle it well when it starts. You should run a script which removes data from EventQueue, PublishQueue and History tables: /****** History ******/ delete FROM [...


1

Please change requestValidationMode="4.0" to requestValidationMode="4.5" in web.config file. It was working for me.


1

I was able to resolve this issue. You will need to change sitecore\shell\client\Sitecore\ExperienceEditor\Commands\ShowDataSources.js. Search for line: this.command.context.app.showNotification("notification", notificationTitle, true); and replace it with: this.commandContext.app.showNotification("notification", notificationTitle, true); After this fix ...


1

We used Lift and Shift approach. We installed a fresh Sitecore 9.2 instance. We serialized all the content using Unicorn at the Sitecore 8.1 instance (we were already using it for managing Sitecore items in source control), configured Unicorn in new Sitecore 9.2 instance and ran a sync on the new server. This is an alternative approach if the upgrade scripts ...


1

I tend to take a more "completist" approach to getting the database upgrade done, like this: Set up a blank version of your starting environment (8.2 for you) and attach your core/master databases. In your case, since you have custom tables in the core db, you might want to back those up and then drop them before the upgrade. I'd also consider just running ...


1

It looks like this is due to a breaking change somewhere between SXA 1.8.1 and SXA 9.3. In 1.8.1 the RichTextController looks like this: public class RichTextController : VariantsController { public ActionResult ReusableIndex() { return (ActionResult) this.PartialView("RichText", this.GetModel()); } } In 9.3 that ReuseableIndex method ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible