1

We are getting the error once we submit the Sitecore 9.1 form. This is happening when we enable the checkbox Is tracking Enable in Sitecore core form. and this error is not with Standalone role, only with CD and CM server.

The error is:

[ArgumentException: alias should not be null or an empty string.
Parameter name: alias]
   Sitecore.Framework.Conditions.RequiresValidator`1.ThrowExceptionCore(String condition, String additionalMessage, ConstraintViolationType type) +100
   Sitecore.Framework.Conditions.Throw.ValueShouldNotBeNullOrAnEmptyString(ConditionValidator`1 validator, String conditionDescription) +121
   Sitecore.Framework.Conditions.ValidatorExtensions.IsNotNullOrEmpty(ConditionValidator`1 validator) +41
   Sitecore.Marketing.Core.Extensions.ConditionValidatorExtensions.IsValidAlias(ConditionValidator`1 validator) +139
   Sitecore.Marketing.Definitions.DefinitionManagerBase`2.GetByAlias(String alias, CultureInfo cultureInfo, Boolean includeInactiveVersion) +87
   Sitecore.Analytics.Data.DefinitionCollection`1.get_Item(String name) +156
   Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.PageContext.Register(PageEventData pageData) +437
   Sitecore.ExperienceForms.Analytics.Tracking.FormEventsTracker.RegisterFormBegin(FormTrackingEventData pageEventData) +374
   Sitecore.ExperienceForms.Analytics.Tracking.FormEventsTracker.RegisterEvent(TEventData trackingEventData) +100
   Sitecore.ExperienceForms.Mvc.FormRenderingContext.RegisterFormEvent(FormEventData formEventData) +117
   Sitecore.ExperienceForms.Mvc.Controllers.FormBuilderController.Index(FormDataModel data) +271
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +139
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +35
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__9_0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +39
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +70
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__11_0() +72
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass11_1.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__2() +387
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass11_1.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__2() +387
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass3_6.<BeginInvokeAction>b__3() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass3_1.<BeginInvokeAction>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +188
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +68
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +52
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +40
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +68
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +648
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +213
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +131

  • 1
    Make sure that you have deployed marketing definitions. This error says that page event is not found in Tracker.MarketingDefinitions. – x3mxray Jul 16 '19 at 12:16
  • I'm also having this issue on an instance of 9.0 Update 2 (upgraded from 8.2 Update 5). It's not worked since our upgrade, and I've reviewed all goals and taxonomies to verify they have aliases. I've also rebuilt indexes, link databases, and deployed marketing definitions. I've queried solr and verified the sitecore_marketingdefinitions index has values as best I can (I'm in unfamiliar territory). Hoping this will help someone else since this is one of the few results on the error out there :) *Sorry, I can't comment because it's a new account, but I really wanted to participate in this thread – Steven Craft Jan 7 at 15:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.