Our Sitecore is 9.0 update 2 with SXA.
We have 3 environments on Azure all using Azure Web App: BUILD(standalone), UAT(standalone) and Production(CM and CD).
All of them have exactly the same files in wwwroot, all configurations are overwritten in Azure Web APP's App Settings. Databases are different.
Application Insights have been setup as normal, with correct instrument ID in App Settings and Connection Strings.
- Only UAT Application Insights captures data, nothing comes in for BUILD and Production.
- Couldn't see any thing relevant in event logs or other log files for BUILD and Production.
- During Production deployments, Application Insights actually captures data, which I assume they are actually from the slot.
- We also tried disconnecting and reconnecting Application Insights, no changes.
- We tried removing all the extract App Settings that are added when you connect Application Insights extensions.
- We tried creating a new Application Insights account and connect with BUILD or Production, no data.
- And following item 6, we reconnect it with the original Application Insights, no data
We have raised a support ticket with Sitecore and am waiting for their responses. Also have plan to submit a ticket to Azure.
The most puzzling part for me is that since all files are the same for all environments, there should be no chance issue is caused by any configuration files or dll files. Then the possible places are only Azure settings on Web App and Application Insights. However after trying for so long, I have ran out of things that I can try.
Not expecting if anyone can tell me directly the issue, but at least wonder if there is a list which contains all necessary things for this to work?
Thanks in advance!