I've created a role that can only see watermarked versions of certain assets. Rather than displaying a watermarked preview, the assets are not being shown at all. The Preview rendition is configured to create a watermarked version. I'd like to know:
- If a security or other configuration task has been missed.
- How to effectively troubleshoot a rendering 404 issue.
- Is this behavior expected.
Asset Detail Page missing preview
Content Hub 3.4.6, and reproduced on 4.0.0
- Per Ronald's suggestion, I have added read access to M.File. This did not resolve the issue.
- For the preview image (technically, the Entity Image Viewer component output), the image is rendered with a URL for a Superuser:
but for the user without "ViewWithoutWatermark", the src value is replaced with a small amount of inline binary:
- If I create a "watermark_preview" rendition, as documented here, that rendition is visible to the user in a watermarked state: So watermarking is working fine for this user; the issue is with the watermark behavior of the Preview rendition. However, only Preview and Thumbnail are allowed options for the Entity Image component, so there is no way to make use of this rendition to display a watermarked preview on the Asset Detail page. The permissions on the watermarked_rendition are identical to Preview itself, so that doesn't look to be the issue.